Our core values can be described as who "we are" as we chase after our mission to Love, Serve and Make Disciples of Christ.
We Are Christ Led
We have a great hope for the future, all because of Jesus Christ! Because of that, we follow his lead in the way we live and the way we love our community.
We Are Biblical Christians
Our values and beliefs are all founded in Biblical Truths. We believe that the Bible is true, authoritative and inspired by God. We preach from the Bible, teach from the Bible and live according to the Bible. We strive to be a church that follows the examples of the New Testament church.
We Are A United Family
The church is meant to be a group of people following Jesus TOGETHER. And we believe in unity, both in our local congregations and worldwide. We work together to accomplish the mission of Jesus.
We Are Selfless Servants
We believe that to be a Christian means to serve. Serving both in and outside of our church is very important. We make it a priority to meet the needs of our community and our congregation.
We Are On Mission
Our mission is simple. We exist to love, serve and make disciples of Christ. We live our lives on mission to introduce people to Jesus and to provide a loving community for them to belong to.
Here is a quick hit list of our beliefs as a church. If you have any questions please reach out to our staff and we'd love to talk to you.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God, God in human form. We believe that the virgin-born Son of God died for our sins, was buried, rose from the dead, and is coming again. We believe He is both fully God and fully man. Philippians 2:5-7; John 14:9; John 8:58; John 1:1, 14; Colossians 2:9
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God. We believe God inspired the autographs (original writings) of Scripture and those autographs were consequently without error. Mark 12:36; John 14:26; 16:12-15; Acts 1:16; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- We believe in the historical creation of man. Genesis 1:27
- We believe in the sanctity of life and that life begins at conception. Psalm 139:13-16
- We believe the Bible teaches that man, created by God, willfully sinned against God and is consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus. Jeremiah 17:9; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23
- We believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman. We believe that the homosexual lifestyle is outside of God’s plan for His people. Genesis 2:24; Jeremiah 29:6; Isaiah 62:5; Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13
- We believe in the substitutionary death of Christ on the cross to atone for the sins of mankind. Isaiah 53:3-6; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 5:8
- We believe in the literal, bodily resurrection of Christ from the dead as prophesied. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
- We believe in the literal return of Christ as promised. John 14:1-6; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; 2 Peter 3:3-4, 10, 13
- We believe in the assignment of all people to heaven or to hell at their time of death or at the time of Christ’s return. Hebrews 9:27; 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9; Revelation 20:15; 2 Corinthians 5:6-10
- We believe that the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life are promised to those who trust Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. John 3:16-17; Ephesians 2:8-9
- We believe that those putting their trust in Christ should repent of their sins, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him. Romans 5:1-2; Luke 24:45-47; Acts 3:19; 17:30; 2 Peter 3:9; Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:9; Philippians 2:11; 1 John 4:15; Acts 2:38-39; Romans 6:1-7; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 2:12; 1 Peter 3:21
a. We do not administer baptism to infants or to children who have not confessed faith in Christ, nor do we baptize by any mode other than immersion.
b. We would ask any believer who has not been baptized by immersion to submit to that New Testament form before becoming a member of Dade City Christian Church. Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38-39; Romans 6:3-4
- We believe that those who are baptized into Christ receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit: He marks them as the possession of God, manifests the fruit of righteousness in their character, and endows them with spiritual gifts for ministry. 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6
- We believe that a spiritual gift is a special ability, given by the Holy Spirit to every believer, to be used to minister to others and thereby build up the Body of Christ. 1 Peter 4:10; Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
a. We believe that in New Testament churches which were led by Apostles or by those specially empowered by the laying on of the Apostles’ hands, miraculous gifts were manifested. Acts 2:43; Acts 8:18; 2 Timothy 1:6
b. We believe that in New Testament churches which lacked direct apostolic leadership, non-miraculous gifts prevailed: The miraculous gifts were not present. Acts 8:5-8, 14-17
c. While we believe that God continues to answer prayer and work miracles, today, we do not expect to see the miraculous spiritual gift manifested in the church because of the lack of apostolic leadership.
d. We ask that those who seek the miraculous gifts (e.g. speaking in tongues) not practice those gifts within our worship services or promote the exercise of those gifts among our members.
- We believe that the pattern of the New Testament was to observe the Lord’s Supper each week. Acts 20:7
- We believe that each believer should give a generous, intentional, regular, proportional gift of his or her income to God, through the local church, as a spiritual discipline. We believe that the tithe (one-tenth) is the standard by which Christians determine if they are giving generously. Malachi 3:10; 1 Corinthians 16:2; 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- We believe that God answers prayer, occasionally in miraculous ways. We believe prayer is a spiritual discipline that should be taught and learned within the Body of Christ. Acts 1:14; Colossians 4:2; 1 John 5:14-15
- We believe the Church is a body of Christ-followers who should live in unity. Acts 2:44-47
- We believe the “will of God” is discerned through the direct teaching of the Scriptures as well as through prayer, wise counsel, and a careful consideration of circumstances. Proverbs 16:3; Proverbs 19:21; James 1:5; James 4:13-15; Romans 12:1-2
- We believe that we are “Christians only,” but not the only Christians. John 10:14-16
- We believe the Church should seek unity with all believers in matters essential to the universal Christian faith, and contend for liberty in all matters wherein the Lord has not spoken through His Word. Ephesians 4:2-6
- We believe the local church is an autonomous body which cooperates with many Christian agencies but is regulated or dominated by none. Ephesians 5:23b
- We believe love is to be shown to all people as the central trait of the Christian faith. John 13:35; 1 Peter 4